Laneway houses are an excellent way to increase the diversity of rental units in single family neighbourhoods.
- An additional opportunity beyond owning a house or renting a basement suite
- More opportunity to live in detached and ground-oriented rental housing
- Additional housing that preserves the existing streetscape and adds character, vibrancy and security to the lane
- Housing for diverse groups of people, including seniors ready to downsize, adult children who want to live independently and renters who want to live in detached housing
- More opportunities for people to live in the city, close to their jobs, services and frequent transit
Laneway housing plays an important role in achieving Vancouver Council’s priorities to increase the supply of rental housing options across the city.
Original Article from: www.vancouver.ca/home-property-development